Pages

Friday 11 December 2015

QUESTIONS EVERY PARENT MUST ASK -During Parent-Teacher Meetings.


Having come across many Parent-teacher meetings, I often realize that there are certain crucial questions every parent must ask their child’s teacher to understand the development or any other behavioral or learning issues that the child may be facing. Often parents are unable to ask the teacher the right kind of questions that would convey their concerns relating to their child’s progress or behavior.

Here are a few questions that you could frame –

1 - What can I do at home to help be involved with my child’s academic performance? Do you have a system for parents to know what homework is assigned?
2 - What do you see as my child's strengths/weaknesses?
3- How is my child doing socially? Does my child seem to have friends and get along with the other students? Does my child seem to be happy overall?
4 - Does my child behave respectfully to you? Does my child follow class rules? Is he/she polite and kind?
5 - Does my child work up to their potential? Is my child putting in his/her best efforts at any task assigned?
6 - Does my child turn in assignments on time?
7 - Does my child speak up or ask questions during class? Does he/she ask for help if they he/she seems to be confused or unsure?

8 - What should be “my” action plan for this coming term as a parent?


No comments:

Post a Comment